R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Choose servo betwen 9351 and BLS351
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 05:10 AM
DOMIT
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
the 9351 has a Nylon gear directly off the motor....which is a Weak point...the BLS351 has since changed that to a brass gear......personally i would go with the BLS version.
Yup... I ran a 9351 on throttle (had it on steering before though...) I've changed that gear twice. It is now my backup servo, with throttle duty being taken over by a Hitec 5955TG that was previously on steering... and steering duty taken over by a new Hitec 7955TG. In my opinion there is not a better servo made than the Hitec 7955. (Which is simply an updated 5955)

If the BLS version is all metal gears, it would last longer... not that the 9351 is a bad servo- it isn't. In fact it is pretty darned good... but for the price range, (and those are "upper end servos," make no mistake!) the Hitec is tougher. (BTW the "TG" stands for "Titanium Gear")

In fact, I have bent, and in one case even broken aluminum servo arms. (Servo saver? What's that? Crank it down until it coil binds! lol) The Hitec just keeps pluggin' along...

Now... the little metal servo arm that comes with it isn't beefy- you have to drill the hole bigger for the linkage screw, and the edge distance gets pretty thin... the Racers Edge arms are really good stuff though!