R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LIFEPO4 RX 6.4V BATTERY
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Lonestar
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Guys dont Stress

sorry ive been away for a while in china on business with henergy so i havent been around .

Dont worry about the voltage drop this happens even with lipo the drop for lipo goes from 8.4volt full charged to 7.4v nominal voltage but because its over the 6.6 volts range it requires a regulator .

The lifep04 fully charged is 7.4 volts and nominal voltage constant is 6.4volt .

The servo motors get damaged in time not the electronics as the elec's can take up to 9V.

so dont look into it so much with the 7.4v to 6.6 .

we have run 1 hour and above amains the voltage has gone from 6.6v to 6.1v so not much of a drop at all still keeping your high torque and speed of the servo

I hope this helps you guys out

Thanks for the comment angelo - it is still somewhat unclear to me what the risk of toasting the servos is in the few minutes during which the LiFe voltage is above 6.5V-ish, ie the first few minutes of discharge. Is the solution to only partially charge the LiFe pack to 6.7/6.8V?

thanks!

I'm really interested in these as regulators are a pain to deal with (either interferences for switching ones or heat for linear ones) but I want to make sure what I'm getting into.

Thanks,

Paul