R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]
Old 08-31-2009, 06:01 AM
MikeXray
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rocky8333
Alright, well, I just picked up a VTA car in the last few days, and now I gotta get a body I like. Unfortunetly, I can't get a 1973 Camaro body, but I figure I can throw this paint down on the '68 Camaro body from HPI. The question I have is, how would I go for a flat green color, instead of the shiny body I would get if I painted the car on the inside? I was thinking paint it on the outside, but I figure that will chip/ scrape off easily. Next thought was sanding the outside (paiting the inside) of the body with some fine grit sandpaper to take the shine off the body. Let me know what people think. Also, here's a pic of possibly my favorite car of all time, Hot Rod Magazine's "F-Bomb", and the paint scheme I'm going for.

Cheers, Dan.
Rustoleum's flat protective enamel bonds to lexan very well if sprayed thin, the problem will be that I've only seen it in white and black. You could possibly spray the white on the outside then a flat green enamel paint and hope for the best, I have seen a matte clear at the store, but haven't tried it yet. Paint on the outside will rub off eventually, but your body is going to crack and need to be replaced eventually too, so it's kinda a toss up