R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - witch one is the fastest around Buggy or Truggy
Old 08-30-2009, 08:24 PM
hakmazter
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rescuemann
What is the fastest and most reliable buggy out there? I know that everyone has there personal preference.
That is a question that will get a lot of people in trouble. Reliable is impossible to answer because there are too many variables. With our race team, we literally have a few guys that have never broken anything and we have a few that place an order every week. Driving skills, temperatures, track conditions, etc.....way too complicated for an answer.

The only thing I can say with certainty is that the Caster Racing Fusion Sport was the fastest 1/8 scale ever tested at 71mph in RC Driver with a castle system and maxamps batteries. I do not recall any other 1/8 tested going faster than 60mph. BUT!!!!

With the right gearing, esc, motor, batteries you can get any of them to go fast and realistically you would NOT want a car to be capable of these speeds to be on an actual 1/8 off road track as it would be undriveable. Most people shoot for approx 40mph top speed for actual racing. Hope it helps.