R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What do you think of redcat RC
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 08:26 PM
xlgraphicspro
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The is only one way to find out how bad they are. and to do that, you will have to buy one and find out the hard way.

I worked at a hobby shop and had plenty of Red Cat cars come in broken. the person who owned the car was told by Red Cat that their local hobby shops should carry parts for their cars. No we didn't, nor does 95% of the hobby shops in america. We tried to order parts for the cars, but were unable to do so. Why? because of the hoops they wanted us to jump through in order to get them from china. at this time they didn't have a distributor in america, maybe that has changed, I read somewhere that they are based in AZ now.

But still, I didn't like the fact that they lied to customers about our hobby shop having parts. and then we have to explain why we don't have parts. and now the customer is mad at us for not having parts. Stupid us for not jumping all over this company and stocking their quality cars and trucks. (sarcasm)

I will admit the video I saw of the brushless corr truck did seem pretty cool, but I don't buy products that just have cool videos, I need some up close and inperson proof.