R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 01:44 PM
Evo_Uk
Tech Regular

yeah Rick i know what you mean. it looks as almost as they are avoiding it, i mean releaseing a blue conversion instead of targeting the problem sounds stupid. My friend said tamiya are actually trying or at least were untill they started work on the evo4 which will involve alot more R&D ( or so they say ). then said also you must understand tamiya arent only RC, they are a huge organisation with many products after all, looking at tamiyas marketing stratagies, they would rather sell 10 TL01s then 1 TBevo3.
Is their a TRF in the UK?
my friend who seen the an evo4 proto didnt give me any other info except it 'looked' different, top deck was different, alot of aliminium similar to a full spec evo3, didnt get to see much though as it was covered.
im guessing/hopeing it will be similar, better weight distribution like closer to the centre. the top deck will be countersunk ( hopefully ) and the positioning with the stiffeners will be redesigned. They will use the new rear uprights. hopefully aliminium gearboxes. and maybe enhanced motor placement and cell placement and that. Steering will be better aswel.
as for the drive train i hope they stick with 1 piece, but get it right, its so much lighter and theoretically delivers better acceleration. the belvels will fit on the prop better ( a pin in design or a different shape to the ends. i was thinking as the prop has a flat edge which makes contact with the pinion it is liable to wear, now if they made the prop and pinion fit together with more curves kinda like a YingYang symbol that would decrease wear... am i right ? ) and it will be longer, the oneway will be redesigned along with better gears . oh and the kit will be supplied with 2 diffs , with ceramic balls ( ok thats getting cheeky )

Rick me and a few friends are planning on doing BTCC and BRCA stock, some Evo3's and 414's ( maybe a 415 ) should be great fun if you or anyone you or know wants to join us it would be great fun!!

cheers
Tarnjit