R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - droop blocks
Thread: droop blocks
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 06:12 PM
butch man
Tech Master

You dont need the droop blocks to do any setup.It does make every thing faster & more precise though.I already know what a good setup for my car is & dont deviate much with my 808 no matter where I go. What works really good is setup your car with no blocks then put the blocks under your car & measure again, what ever those measurements are is what you use for reference from then on. What this does is eliminate any changes that may happen when you change ride height as my last mugen mbx5r would radicly change toe & camber as the chassis went up & down.The idea is to know what you want & want to change then when you put those blocks(that are the exact same height every time) under the car its just boom boom boom & your set no settling the car after every adjustment & re checking.Set your ride height first then your alignment & think of them as 2 totally seperate things.Once you play with the system for a while you'll understand what I'm talking about. BTW they also make 25mm blocks & that is what I use & a couple pieces of wood whatever height you want will also do the same thing as the blocks only for free & a little labor to make sure their square. So you know they also make thumb nuts to use in place wheel nuts when assembling the station & little thumb nuts for the 2mm screws that hold the fixtures together.If you want to spend money I would do it there instead of the block,you can make those out of almost anything at any time.