R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobbytown, USA Indy parking Lot Racing "09
Old 08-23-2009, 06:48 PM
rockin_bob
Tech Apprentice

Default Recap 8/23/09 Indy RC Racer

I didn't get the VTA B-main results and posted from memory. I will update when I get a chance.

Was a great day of racing. Weather was overcast and in the low 70's which had a few drivers searching for setup. By the mains, most drivers had their cars working well which gave the all of the specatators plenty of great battles to watch on the track.

The first main was the VTA B-main. TQ AJ Heck had his own personal fan club today which was awesome to see. AJ got out to the early lead and looked like he was going to take the win. 2nd place Cody Arms had some problems early but had a fast car and made up a lot of time on the track. With about 1 lap to go Cody made the pass for the lead and drove on to take the win. AJ came in a fairly close 2nd.

Next up was the Mini Cooper main. Top 3 cars swapped leads a few times during the main. TQ Brian Smith got off to a slow start and fell back in the field. Brian settled into a groove to drive a consistant race to work his way to the front to take the win (in his pink Cooper-S). Mike Harper was near the front the whole main, but had a few slow laps late to finish 2nd in his mini late model. Kyle Jarboe had a good car but clipped corner discs one too many times and finished 3rd in his Rover Cooper.

In the Touring Pro Stock main, TQ Greg Hallenbeck led from start to finish to take the win. 2nd place Brian Smith had his FT TC4 working decent today, but it looks like it is time to replace the Ford GT body (he purchased a new one today). Greg Cobb was fighting handling issues today, but was able to bring his car home 3rd.

The last main of the day was VTA A-main. Top 4 cars all looked evenly matched and 1st-4th were qualified within 2 seconds of each other. The main started off with a 2 lap rolling start. TQ Bob Cordell was able to maintain the lead early, with Brian Smith close on his rear bumper. It looked like Brian was going to give Bob a fight for the win, but Bob's consistant racing made Brian push his car too hard. Brian lost too much time clipped corner discs and fell back. Greg Cobb was able to take advantage of Brian's last mistake to take 2nd. Brian finished 3rd.