R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 07:18 PM
SweepRacingUSA
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
PRS goes up to 128, i have a 120 from them. I run a 115 robinson just about everywhere and i can get fdr up to about 5.8 - 5.9 with it. I don't think you need kevlar.

If you were talking about 6.5 and lower i may agree but i don't think 10.5 generates the torque that the hotter winds to.
well, I been suggest to run 6.25FDR /13.5T Losi with a tekin RS, I just ordered 118T by Robinson.

I always liked the Losi Kevlar from the day realeased, Beilive me I had every brand machined gear on my cars, that incld some of very rare Japanese machined spur gear mchained to moon,

my sugestion came from what if all this speedo company coming out with new "timing boost" version, I heard Novak having a new ESC on work, LRP have a SPX that dominating Asia, GM rocking in europe, with all this newer high RPM ESC, we will need yesteryears small/normal size spur/pinions

for myself I digged out all my "normal size" pinions from 29-40T yesterday, few missing so I ordered few "normal size pinions" too along with a 118T spur.

I was only carrying 43-52T with my LRP TC, BTW

IMO we bought the PRS adaptor to fits 104-108t spur, not because we hated Kevlar spur, IMO if Losi ever realised a 108T Kevlar Spur, PRS never had a chance to sell that many adaptors, then upgarade version came out which was Flyingfox shaft.

if any one makes topsahft fits Losi spur w/Flyingfox quality, I 'll switch to Losi spur anytime, with a TEKIN RS of cos.

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 08-22-2009 at 11:36 PM.