Thread: Tamiya TB-03
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 09:50 AM
CSaddict
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmie
Hi David!

I haven't used these shocks before, but for general use there probably fine. May even be good for racing as long as there really smooth, and they seal nice and pistons fit well. But if you plan on racing, I would stick to the Tamiya shocks. I know these work. In fact, they are the best shocks out there in my opinion. A guy at my local track even used Tamiya shocks on his xray

Yes Tamiya makes anodized blue shocks. A few different sets actually. Tamiya #42102 is what I use. Comes with springs and everything. The body itself is black though, but I like the way it looks. Jimmy W. (Racecrafter) posted all the Tamiya shock kit part# earlier in the thread as well. They had a few variations. All work very well. Another thing to think about is that if you ever plan on going to a TCS race, you will need the Tamiya shocks to be legal.

If you do some looking online you can find very good prices on Tamiya shocks. Oh and welcome to touring
Ah, very good point about the TCS racing. I bought this car after running my mini in a TCS race. I actually bought 2 minis to race in a local TCS event since there was no offroad that weekend. 1 for me and 1 for a friend that did some work for me.(That was his tip!) We had a blast racing all day and at the end of the day HE WON A TB03 in the raffle! So I bought one too and we plan to race them. I will do the Tamiya shocks then.
Thanks for the insight,
David