R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2003, 09:41 AM
Horatio
Tech Elite

One of my racing buddies raced a TC3 all last season indoors on carpet (just as I did) and did pretty well. At the end of the season, I managed to stay just ahead of him on points, though to be fair I had the advantage in that as I attended more rounds, I was able to drop more of my worst scores than he was. I finished 2nd overall, he was 3rd.

Over the summer, he changed to an Xray and competed in a larger championship series at London clubs, on Tarmac. He informed me the racing was faster (as they were running modifieds) and that he found the car quicker than the TC3. (don't flame me ok - I haven't finished yet).

Well, whilst I accept that he has improved as a driver during all that touring car driving during the summer, he came back to our Indoor Winter Series and guess what? The same drivers seem to be able to beat him now as they did last year ;o)

My change-over to a Yokomo SD has been hardwork so far. It's taken me 4 race meetings worth of racing to get the car up to the same pace as my TC3. Hours and hours of work.

The TC3 on the other hand will just plop out of the box and work very well.

Xray touring cars are superbly engineered and are extremely tough. Looking at an Xray next to a standard TC3 on pit table, it's easy to feel a little envy. But this soon evapourates when you realise that the TC3 more than holds it's own on the track.

Horses for courses