R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need ppl's opinion on Revo 3.3 or Hpi Hellfire
Old 08-19-2009, 03:16 PM
megasaxon
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

Originally Posted by rc_racer1
depending on how good the deal is, last time i looked at tower hobbies, the hell fire was just over 600$ thats allot of money.
there much better RTR's on the market for cheaper.
both have there issues,

Hell Fire, It's heavy out dated, and parts support at the hobby shops, piss poor at best, also if your lucky to find someone else racing one, consider it rare. that means no help if you break a stupid simple part, and dont have a spare.
Revo, well I spent a year as an Repair Tech at a local hobby shop. the Revo has quite a few issues, breaks very easily, common complaint it breaks every time I take it out, and to make it worse, each part failure was something different, didnt matter suspension failure, tranny failure, ALLOT of servo failures, it take 2 to turn the F*&%in wheels.

really to get started in the hobby, you'd be happier with a different vehicle. these 2 have ISSUES
+1 the Hellfire is $579.99 on tower, instead get a CEN TR Arena RTR, much better truck, will need a few cheap upgrades and its almost bulletproof. The motor that comes on it is powerful and you could race it and be pretty competitve, and the price is oustanding: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSWP0&P=0