R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2003, 08:17 AM
Charles
Tech Regular

Default Weekend project

Hi Losi drivers. I am going to have a fun weekend. Blew off my girlfriend for this weekend so I could rebuild my car. Man all she ever wants to do is make me happy, doesn't she understand how important rebuilding my car is????

Lets see- To Do List:

1. Cruise by LHS to pick up a new chassis as this one warped (this chassis melted and warped from warm motor). My LHS carries lots of chassis for TC3. Never noticed them carrieing LOSi chassis in large quantities.
1a. rebuild shock, make sure I have the right amount of air in shocks so all rebound the same.
2. Spend Saturday grinding chassis to move batteries.
3. Get rid of @^@&* steering rack, install NTC3 steering system.
4. Throw away soft hinge pins, get BRP pins.
5. Get Losi steering nuckles (no more wobbling ball studs) and Losi rear hubs as stock units are of a poor design.
6. Buy new arms as set screws stripped out when I installed new arms. I wonder if LOSI arms fit?
7. Order aluminum pin carriers as stock hinge pin carriers are super soft plastic and tear easily = front and rear $$$$$
8. Stop by ae web site to see if they have any odd theories as to why they should not fix their molds to make parts right.
9. Spend time at church and pray TC3 will handle well for more than a week after this work.

OOOOOOOps, brain fart. This isn't the TC3 thread. I just purchased a used XXXS and even though it has been slightly abused it drives great. Wait a minute. New To Do List. Call girlfriend and kissup. Spend weekend with her and have fun. Man this is the Life. I guess I could paint a new body new week. LOL.