R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 08-17-2009, 07:35 PM
rcjunkie3000
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default First club race and first ROAR event > TOP Photon is dialed.

Just took the TOP Photon out for its maiden run last Thursday evening and I placed 2nd out of the 11 guys for it's first club race in 17.5 Sportsman.

Then over the weekend for Norcal Hobbies first annual TOP Gun Challenge I made the triple A main in 17.5 Sportsman and ended 4th overall (out of 30 drivers) after the points were tallied.

I am just a Sportsman at this point in time. Mind you I don't normally race Touring since I am a "dirty boy" and when I do race TC I always always end up in the back of the pack or the last main. I drove an original TC5, Top Scythe and an HB Cyclone TC. The Photon by far is the easiest to drive compared. It works so well I can concentrate on my driving now.

It also helps that the local guys Kevin J and EJ were around to check on my Photon and give setup advice and support. Thanks both to Kevin and EJ. Also thanks to Michael (OD) for yet again great service and fast shipping. I also run the TOP Scythe metal spool up front with a TC5 40T Pulley and it works great and I don't have to worry about spool issues. I'll be ordering some spare Scythe spools and spare CVD bones from OD.

The only negative thing on the car other than the small top deck screws that strip easy is removing and reinstalling the pinion gear but that will be solved once I get my 1.5mm ball hex driver.

Josh the Photon is dialed, setup and working on it is easy. I am officially hooked on asphalt TC racing. Thanks TOP Racing USA I'll make the move to 13.5 once I get some 1st place wins in 17.5 under my belt. I need alot of work on my driving but the Photon makes it easy.

Last edited by rcjunkie3000; 08-17-2009 at 07:49 PM.