R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Cup Racer 1M
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 11:05 AM
andyh
Tech Fanatic

Default ..

Originally Posted by k_bojar
Andy - what's the 'trick' to using the 'b' plates on the steering knuckles??

I just put mine in and I had to almost unscrew the ball cups on the knuckles that there's practically no screwed in

is there a 'new' turnbuckle that should have been packed in the plates? Because I'm not confident the first time i nudge something the steering rod dont come apart

I also noticed that the aluminum threaded shocks don't come with directions - and there is a part you need from the shock parts tress, but it isn't identified any place..I'm glad I've built shocks like that befor and know that the little retainer spring isn't suppose to sit on the o-ring but on a little black shock bottom
Hi,

Are you referring to the #87070 aluminum shock bodies or the #87597?

Unfortunately the 87070 shock bodies do not come with instructions but the 87597 should have instructions in them.

In regards to the "B" plates I was informed that you would need to construct a custom knuckle for that option. The "B" plate was the original plate from the initial design of the Cup Racer. The testers then felt that it was a tad too "quick" so we opted for a more stable plate design. having already designed the original plate we didn't simply want to ditch the plate. So it's offered as an option for those who would like to try it.

Thanks,

AH