R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Inspire us. Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:02 AM
kdeselms
Tech Master

I thought I'd hit you guys up for some ideas, this is my first on-road car and the installation was challenging, as there is really not much room at all in the chassis...especially with a belt drive train down the middle.

Specifically, I'm not sure what to do about the wire that goes from the Tekin RS speed controller to the receiver (it's short, and one way or another it's got to get past the motor) - running it over the motor straight to the receiver was about my only option, unless I could somehow extend it. I am not wild about how it is now, though...it's not tight, as it might look in the picture - there IS some slack, so it's not in danger of pulling out or anything. I just don't like it, as it is. Also, if anyone knows what kind of plug I would be able to buy to replace the one on the servo wire that plugs into the receiver, so I could shorten that wire up...Hitec gives you a TON of wire to work with. Right now I've just got it wound up and tucked in the chassis.

Any ideas on improving would be welcome.