R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Shepherd Velox V10
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Geberit
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by coupe
Hi dudes,
today i want to give you an update for the V10.
I guess the main problem at the Euros was that Daniele go the car just one
day before the Euros starts !!! So Daniele didnīt have time to get in contact with the car and had no time for testing, unfortunately !!!

But now for the update.
Last week and last weekend we went out for some tests and a german national race in wiesbaden. With two drivers, Patrick and Sebastian, we had two preproduction cars with no foreign parts, except the Xray fuel tank, in the race. Also attending the race was Dirk Wischnewski, current European Champion. So we had a good driver to compare to.

Using Enneti Tyres with 0 offset, 37 front and 40 in the rear, Blitz Altis and Protoform Stratus 3.1, Novarossi engine and mufflers and the 2009 EVO MLC Fuel we started on Saturday with some tests for the shock and differential setup.

Starting with the kit setup it went pretty well from the beginning, just a little bit struggling with the engine.

As they use sugarwater and also track max we had a lot of grip, perfect for the tests.

In the end we were satisfied as we can go as fast as Dirk without having any problems.
Sunday morning we started with the qualification heats. We had three heats and after round 3 Patrick was able to get the second place after Dirk. Sebastian had some problems we could not find at that time, so he had to begin the race in the 1/2 final. Easily winning this final he bumped up to the final. After some changes to the car and changing back to the Stratus it went pretty well for Sebastian. With a pretty fast and constand car he was able to win this race, one lap ahead of Patrick.
Unfortunately Dirk had some problems with the tank or engine, i was looking forward to a good compare race with Dirk.
But after all we got first and second, and thats OK for this. In the final the fastest lap Patrick was a 16.07, i think Dirk just could go .02 faster !!!
Also in the qualifying it was just .10 slower as Dirks car.

Now some answers to question in this thread:
Kit weight: We used the Enneti regular rims, an Altis body, KoPro Receiver, KoPro servos 2413 for gas and steering,the Li Ion batterie with 1800mAh and the brass battery tray. With transponder it was 1705grams !!!
With the NimH batterie 1600mAh and the kit battery tray it is something about 1730grams. Tyres diameter front approx. 55 and rear also 55 or something. So donīt think about titan or any other light weight stuff !!!

Release date:
Target is still end of august. We will have some final tests with the car and if there is all right it should be possible. Stay tuned.

Fuel Tank:
The huge fuel tank you saw is the xray tank.
The final tank, wait for some pictures this week, will be mounted from the top and will be 15mm lower than what you see with the xray tank.
Also the fuelcap will be more forward so you can watch what you do when you are refueling.

So thats it, if you have some more questions feel free to post here, i will have a look and let you kow.

Alex
Which oil did you use in the differentials? What tire diameter did you start with I mean the final run!? 55mm was after the race, correct?

Lojz