R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OS V-Spec II World Edition or Mugen Ninja JX21???
Old 08-03-2009, 08:16 AM
jpalessi
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
OK, it appears a lot of mis-infomation is floating around. The Ninja piston is not the same as the OS VSpec or Speed. The Speed and VSpec pistons are basically the same. Now, can you use a Ninja piston in a Speed or VSpec or vice versa-versa, yes. But you have to use the correct pin clips as they are different. One is C-Clip and the Ninja use a tabbed C-clip. Pop a regular c-clip into a Ninja piston and you'll have some fun tying to remove it later on for a rod change with no tab or piston notch to get at the clip. Also, the VSpec ports on the sleeve are configured differently from the Speed/Ninja, while the Ninja and Speed are practically indentical on the port shape and opening with the exception of the side ports, with the Ninja having a dual side porting instead of single.
Yes, i forgot about the c clip difference... But i wouldn't say there is a lot of misinformation floating around.. Not from me anyway!