R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Lipo Receiver Batteries for Losi 1/8 Buggy or Truggy
Old 08-01-2009, 07:37 AM
zixxer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Garet Jax
Hello all,

I have a bunch of questions:

1) Presumably this is overkill.

2) This is what I am looking at, but they seem to be OOS everywhere. Do you have any other suggestions?

3) I have two on/off switches - one has a three prong connector (on the battery side) and one has a two prong connector. In looking at batteries, it seems that the Losi batteries use the two prong connector and it doesn't fit the 3 prong connector. Is the connector type manufacturer specific?

4) I got a switch with the two prong connector in the RTR from Losi, but can't seem to find the replacement part. This is the closest I can find to match, but don't know for certain that it.

Thanks a lot.

[EDIT]I attached pictures of the two connectors. The red connector has two notches on the top that prevent it from going into the black connector. I guess I can cut them off, but for a few $ it hardly seems worth the effort.
ok on the losi vehicles you need the losi rx pack ...the losi rx box is small in comparision to some ....the losi rx pack is the best fit ...and yes choice 1 is overkill and prolly wont fit ...also you need a regulator if you arent running higher volyage servos ...on the connector ....alot of connectors are like a servo connector ...if you battery connector is of the bigger typ you may have to shave off the side that is not used ...if that makes sense ...it is a normal thing to have to do ...i just had to shave one this morning while working on a buddies truck ....the losi switches and batts use a jst connector ...and not the standard hitech connector ...i will take a pic of the one i shaved it may make more sense ...brb