R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-03
Thread: Tamiya TB-03
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Timmie
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bluesxman
Nice pics, Timmie, thanks for posting them.

It looked like you were running yellow springs front and back, which if I remember right was for a low grip parking lot. However, the track in the background looked like a pretty nice surface. Did you soften things up for your high grip setup or is that track not as grippy as it looks?
Your welcome glad you liked them

Yes, I was running yellow/yellow at the last TCS race. I basically ran my low grip setup but with some small changes. I had the rear shocks in the last hole on the shock tower to help my car rotate faster. I also added a additional 1mm shim under the front/rear block to get a little anti-squat in the rear. I did these changes for qualifying, where I turn my fastest laps when the car is a little loose. For the main I decided to go one hole in on the shock tower to help get a little more rear traction because the tracks grip was changing and I thought it would be safer to run a setup that I could drive a little harder in the main.

As Markus said, that's my home track. I wish I could have taken some pics up in MD but I was too busy working with the cars. But I would say the track there was medium grip. They sprayed soda or something down that worked pretty good most of the day, but the asphalt was a little coarse.