R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8 Nitro's & Electrics...Can they race together?
Old 07-29-2009, 02:05 PM
jzemaxx
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Dude - as I know alot of factory drivers - alot of them dont like the electric 1/8 either - they just HAVE to run them........ At every track I have been to - and I have been to quite a few around the world, I have yet to see a electic out run a nitro on the track - yes electric are faster, but regardless, not on a track - not to long ago there was talk between some nitro guys and electric guys and the E guys said they would lap the nitro guys hahahahahaha - the E guys (4 of them) didnt even finish the race. 2 of the Ebuggies just cut off in the middle of the track. can you say (FLAMEOUT) HAHAHAHAHAHA and the other 2 just didnt have the battery - until the E craps can finish a 20 min main at the lease - they shoud not mix the classes and until they run a main longer than 10 mins people should not even buy them - $200 for a battery and it over heats in 10 mins - thats BS

Plus - look at the performance - a buggy can only take so much power - with nitro - a good driver pushes their buggy to the max in handling and suspension, they work to keep all four wheels grabbing the ground. I know electric guys have have to constantly replace gearing because they are over powered with no slip

Eletric class / Nitro class - PERIOD

If someone is spending 200 on a batt. they have no clue what they are doing first of all. Also 20mins....no problem with a well setup brushless system we are going past that. As for lap times.....you need better electric guys running at your tracks then. Also if they are breaking drivetrain parts, they are not setup correctly...simple as that. No worry about flameouts for us or a bad tune....just instant torque and instant response. I have won a few races with my slower electric