R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Recommended Temperature Gun
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 09:05 AM
markr04
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RJNicholson
I would buy the Fluke one IMO.

Anyone that has ever worked in the Trade/Electrical industry can tell you that Fluke tools are top notch and second to none.

They make everything from Voltage Meters to 5000 dollar Laser measurement tools for Civial Engineers. I would most likely go with a cheaper Fluke then some $250 temp gun that doesn't have a track list of success like Fluke does.

(I understand Exergen has been proven by racers, but you can't beat the following of almost every electrician/craftsman/engineer or trade worker for that matter.)

Fluke has been around since I was a kid, and you don't stick around that long in their industry by making shitty products.
Exergen doesn't make products for racers. The DX501 is nice for the purpose we use it for, but Exergen makes products for medical and industrial use. They're incredibly highly accurate and that's why it's so expensive.

Fluke makes excellent products too, of course. One of my businesses uses Fluke products for circuit diagnostics. Comparing to Exergen is like apples and oranges, but the Fluke products we use are also highly accurate and expensive.