R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - My, my... How things have changed... (back into r/c after a 5 year hiatus)
Old 07-26-2009, 10:21 PM
Petra
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Domo3
good luck with the pull start and the am radio
The AM transmitter is an easy fix--I'll just swap electronics from the T3. The pull start, on the other hand, is a preference of mine.

Originally Posted by EvilDylan
Just go brushless.

Less maintenance, longer run time, more torque, more speed.
...and batteries! Oh joy! My biggest gripe with electrics (and I've had a few) has always been with batteries and them not being charged when I want them to be. You can pull a well maintained nitro off a shelf, swap the tx and rx pack out for some AA's in a pinch, take it out side and run it. Keep a spare glow starter around that takes a regular C or D cell (in addition to the usual sub-C rechargeable) and you're set. As for run time, you can run a nitro until you run out of fuel (gotta keep at least a gallon around) or until you break something. I am sorry, I've learned to hate charging batteries over the years. Besides, maintenance is one of the fun parts!

Originally Posted by freestylinmotox
Haha a pullstart isnt to bad if you have your motor tuned right(not my preference tho).

And for the AM radio, no one runs them anymore so he wont have any frequency problems. lol. AM or FM isnt to bad for what he wants. Just because a $300 radio has 30 more features (that no1 uses anyways) than a AM or FM radio doesnt make it a whole lot better!!
Exactly