R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 12:40 PM
jag88
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I would leave it uncut... and run ATC posts up front if you have them (using 2mm shims instead of the orings). If you are running the chassis that came in the TC kit, it tends to flex a little too much in the front just under the diff, and just about right in the rear. You might even want to try a normal graphite rear plate as well if you can find them.

I would also suggest raising the roll center by adding shims under the suspension and toe blocks. If grip is good enough, you might be able to run as much as 2-3 mm under the suspension blocks. Just be careful though, I've noticed if you're not careful and raise the roll center too much on carpet, it can traction roll really easy when the grip gets high. I think it just makes the car transfer weight too fast side to side and makes the car grab really weird. You'll have to play with it to find a happy medium.

-Korey

Thanks Korey, that's the one thing I haven't tried yet ( raising the roll centers ).
I put the posts in and found an old graphite rear deck so lets hope the higher roll centers do the trick.