R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What happened ???
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 04:44 PM
houston
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABURTON
This same thing happened with Byrons Fuel. Now our area is almost all Byrons. It just makes me feel good that even though I am no longer with these companies that possibly they know I worked hard and did my job.

On the flip side...

We have some guys who to save money have got discount deals. They invest very little time into racing, travel, practicing, and often dont race for months. I see them online very little actually helping people. In most cases they don't sport team shirts, etc. These are your typical guys who maybe 2 years ago were racing monster trucks with stock tires. Now somehow in 3 years they know it all. They got sponsors. Time and time again I hear them complain about not finishing high. Well...it takes hard work, practice, and motivation. In my area it is weird. We got sportsman guys who can out run the sponsored guys, and these sportsman guys I hope end up with support one day because they actually help. I'm not sure how it works but they get by with it.

I have seen guys pack entire trailers by slinging the stuff in because they are mad of a finish or wreck. I have seen them throw cars on the top of a trailer because they are mad(it was raining also). I have seen it all.

I guess that aspect bothers me because of the hard work, time, effort I have invested. Knowing that most likely I would never be a "top" driver. I did it to be the best I could be and for the most part it has proven to be good for me and my family.
you have great views alan

job well done bro