R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2002, 10:20 AM
MarkA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by highx
I will admit, his car was way more dialed than mine on that night. What was really impressive was not his driving but the acceleration the car had. I am not just talking top speed, I am talking torque in all the technical portions as well. I suppose the drive train had something to do with it, but man this car was fast for a stocker. It was the my first time at that track but I would have been hard pressed to find the speed to beat him.
In OnRoad, you generate your own straightaway speed with your corner speed. Fast out of the corner = fast down the straight. In other words, a driver with a four pound car that can carry more throttle in the corner (especially the exit) and scrub less speed going though the corner will go faster all the way around than a driver with a three pound car that is soft-pedaling it. That being said, the same driver with the tank of a XXX-s would be even faster if he shed a few ounces!

The weight argument becomes a factor when talking about two equal drivers running the same line (or the same driver comparing his Yoke to his XXX-s to his TC3, etc.) with the same driving style. In that case, if the lighter car is setup to where it will carry the same amount of cornerspeed as the heavier one, it will be the faster one.