R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 07-19-2009, 10:38 PM
L.Fairtrace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I finally got to run my Photon on a track that I previously ran my Type R on. The track I practiced at for the reedy last year. In very similar conditions to what I ran on at this track in May and my photon was faster.

My hot laps were .1-.2 faster and my car in the main was very very good.

I have run the Photon on 4 different asphalt tracks so far and have run 4 different setups after all was said and done. (The Coliseum Indoor asphalt nats track, Outdoor large flowing soda sprayed track, Small bullring tight lightly soda sprayed good bite track, and large unprepared good traction outdoor speedworld type track)

I ran the optional camber plates with the longer front link today and didnt really like it(the front end was rolling too much) so I switched back to actually running the middle hole on the rear and the standard long hole in the front.

The track is similar traction to the Speedworld track where your car feels somewhat pushy but good traction.

I can feel the changes on this car a lot and its really cool. I ran middle high front roll center and middle low/low high in the rear. For some antisquat.

I been running 50/40 oil and could probably even go up some more in the front but it felt really good

I'll post any of these setups if someone is interested.