R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Urgent Help Needed
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 03:49 AM
DOMIT
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sperera
Leaving the ignitor on certainly helps. I will persist with it, could it be anything to do with the idle screw which I havent touched yet?
You could idle it up a touch... normally we DON'T idle it up during break in, at least not with the idle screw... because idle will change as it breaks in.

Use your radio trim to hold the idle up a bit... that way as the motor breaks in and the idle comes up you can bring it back down.

And the HS (High Speed) needle doesn't really do much for the bottom end (mixture at idle.) You use the LS needle for that.

Wrap some foil or a washcloth around the head to get the temps to come up... you want it up around 220-230 while breaking in.

A heat gun is recommended for starting, to pre-heat the engine... and a temp gun to be sure you are in a safe range. (under 200 is hard on the engine... over 230-240 is also hard on it for a different reason.)

(Note that I'm giving you temps in degrees farenheit...) (sp?) Ummm... you want temps to be at least 100c but not too much more than that.