R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 07-16-2009, 06:54 PM
CraigM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Honestly, I'm not 100% on how are chassis flex compares to the others out there. I know the prototype car was a ton stiffer and at the HK Charity race I felt ours vs. a 416 - Ours was stiffer with the top deck off!! After that, we changed the material and changed the shapes to induce more flex.

I then went down a little but went to the outside hole on the arm which I really liked. Again though, I wanted to go more but was afraid of going too far as at that point we were into the heads up racing
The 416 is a 2.25mm bottom deck, so you'd expect the TOP to be a little stiffer but I can barely tell the difference when I bend them by hand. I also heard a rumour there is a "super flex" 2mm bottom deck for Photon in the works???

Question, is changing the shock mounting position on the arm the same as doing it on the tower, or does the movement of the arm effect the net result?

I've been running hole 1 on the front arm and 2 at the back and it felt better right away than 2 on both. I think the front shocks are a little too angled at the moment so I'm going 1 hole more upright on the tower for Sunday