R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 09:59 AM
redbones
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kail
Haha, your 1st para sounds a bit rude.We have been racing for a while and know what we are doing. We were racing on strict tamiya rules, hence only tamiya tires. Of course we all tried various tire combis to make the situation better.

During that race, our surface was very dusty on an unprepared temporary surface. I did not have bad slide problems. However, I was having problems getting off power steering. I had to compromise on the car's stability to get it to have that little bit more steering. Well, I carried on with the 05 and won but I still think M03 handles better on loose dusty surface. The other guys who gave up on the 05(only for that race due to time constraints) had really good setups on their M03 for that surface.

Guys, remember M03 is still a very capable car and it is really hard to beat it when it does not traction roll. Hence, we shall not discount the M03.
If you are limited to running tamiya tires, then maybe the Mgrips radial work the best on dusty surfaces? The M03 is car that has been around for about 10 years. It's been tested, beaten, thrashed, and optimized to perfection. Still too early to give the verdict yet. When the M03 first came out, it could not beat the M01/02 until people started to figure it out. The fact that the M05's resistance to traction rolling will aid you in an event of rubbage as well(you win).