R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan
Old 07-15-2009, 11:59 PM
Murdadock
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rodriguez_4
I have been searching online for a car to get and I haven't made up my mind yet. I was thinking about getting the HPI Nitro Firestorm. It's not to expensive and all the reviews I have read all sound good. Anybody own one or know somebody that does? What do they say about it? I want to have it in time for opening day at the track. Help please!
I think you should look into the Traxxas Slash EP RTR.
This seems to be the most popularvehicle here. The Firestorm Nitro isn't that good for racing, it is more of a basher. I have the EP Version and it is very powerful and hard to control for a new guy. It is the most fun vehicle I have though, I have the Sand tires and destroy the beach with it between Spur Gears that I seem to often destroy. If you want nitro, I suggest the Revo, or the Savage. Those are popular and durable. The Revo is probably the better platform. The Japanese locals are mostly interested in Nitro Buggies last I checked but I am not qualified to suggest one of those. I would ask Paul about that.
Good luck and see ya in the dirt.
Jason