R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 11:37 AM
jag88
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs
Thanks for the info, looks like I should get some R cam holders. I've got my belts loose as possible with the FT ones, but the front feels like it could go looser.

Josh Posted this on the Photon thread, could be useful .......

Josh Cyrul
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

I understand that you are trying to make the transmission as free as possible but keep in mind that you are probably hurting yourself. At top end rpms, running the belts too loose will cause them to bounce all over the place and really make the transmission actually bind up. Loose belts = good punch off the corner but they make for terrible top speed (to a point). The belts should have a maximum of 4mm deflection (from relaxed position to pushing on them with firm tension). Anything more than this will actually cost you top speed and run time.

www.cefx.net - www.topracingusa.com - www.thunderpowerrc.com - www.team-shepherd.com - www.kopropo.com/america - www.novarossi.com