R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 06:31 AM
dr_destructo
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just a qucik question on tire selection. I run dirt oval occasionally with my T4. I have had great results with step-pins in the rear. I got a set of the goosebumps and barcodes to try also. Early in the evening when the sun is still up, the track is very loose dirt. So, the step-pins worked best. As the night goes on, water is applied between rounds and when the sun goes away the track gets pretty heavy but still has loose dirt on the top of the groove. The step-pins still worked well in the A main. Afterwords, I put the barcodes on and they seemed to be better as long as I was in the groove, but if I got out, forget about it. Seemed like the back of the car was more controllable. Then I put the goosebumps on and it seemed like I had too much traction in the rear. It seems as if the goosebump is a softer tire that the step-pin and wanted to roll over too much. I really liked the feel of the barcodes, but had to be very cautious not to get in the marbles. Is there some kinds of happy-medium you recomend?