R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 07-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Josh Cyrul
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

jag88 - For sure I'll be back out as I need to practice for IIC. Just a lot going on right now with Nitro races. I'll try to be at MSI around 2-2:30...

jtveten - It's not imperative but can be used as a tuning option. With the car being so new and never having a bladder that can work like this we just don't know 100% what is possible so we have to do more testing to see what works best in what conditions. The thing I wanted to be able to play with the balance of rebound and pressure to see how it effects or can generate traction - Again, everything on the Photon was really made to try and get as much as possible out of rubber tires. Tire prep - I'm not really sure there. I prefered tweak with a quick wipe of buggy grip at the Reedy Race on the Jaco's. Haven't run Sorex in a while so I am not sure there.

CraigM - Try the more narrow rear hexes (wheel hubs) and add spacers from the inside to keep the rear width the same. You can also try standing up the front shocks as it should help keep the front end from rolling too far on a long corner. The piston isn't quite as smooth on the body as I would have liked but for some reason the mold mfg decided to clean up the mold with the usual light blasting of the surface that makes the slight texture which is what you are feeling. I put my shafts with the pistons on them in the dremal with some really fine sandpaper just to clean up this texture a little and now they are really smooth. Also, be sure to use a .5mm spacer to take up the play in the piston/e-clips. I'm not sure if production was the same as the pre-production I recieved but there was some play in the pistons on the shafts. Hopefully, we can make running updates to fix all these little issues!!