Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Hi!

I have a simple question for advanced TC5 users

How is drag in drive train?

When I take my tc5 with new clean bearings, belts has got soft tension,
spur and pinion is 64p or 48p with very nice mesh, engine is 9.5T or 10.5T with
low drag (small rotors), and I take front tire (solid axle) and try turn, it give
some drag, I must put more load then I do this with TRF416 or Xray ... (even Serpent S400).

What I fu... up and what's going on?
Last day I have clean car, put a kungfukawaski to GM ESC and engine,
take top end with 80C and others are faster ... Car was fast but ...

Now I got trf416 belt for front, looking for team bomber for rear or 63T from cyclone TC (maybe fit, I know that tc5 at rear has 64T).

Maybe when I change belts it will help or not? Or if help how much?

How much I can got when use better spur and pinion? this time play
with HotBodies/HPI and Edit ... maybe must use better one?

For 1st time I have stock trf416 belt and wait for low friction one ....

Regards!
m.

ps: I'm a little disappointed, got this chassis for 1.5y, put a lot of work and
when meet tamiyaz or xrayz got fuu ... and I don't like it in spec 9.5T/5cell class
I don't really like my recent tc5 purchase either. I have to believe it is the belts causing all the drag. If I take my belts off, the center spur spins freely, up front spins freely, and the back spins freely. Both the front and back are fully assembled with the dog bones in. So I guess it has to be the belts. I have tried with the belts on the loosest setting and there still seems to be a lot of drag. So many other cars you can just grab a wheel and spin it, and it will spin for at least a few seconds. My tc5 does not.

I also don't like all the play in the car. There is a huge amount of play in my center pulleys. There is play in every portion of it. There is play between the shaft and the pins. There is play between the pins and pulleys. So just a huge amount of play. There is play between all the axle shafts and bearings. The bearings are good and the shafts seem fine, there is just a lot of space between them. Then in the front of the car, everything has play. The combined play from the caster block bushings, ball cups, steering rack, and axle to bearing is hideous.

I just got this car and I really haven't messed with it too much. I will try to tighten this all up to be at least bearable to me. And with all this being said, the car drives great. I am finding more and more corner speed as I get to know the car. I just get frustrated when I work on the car. So many portions of the car have so much slop and it just bugs me. I don't know why, it just does.

I really did not mean to complain, but I just reads M.Abramowicz and feel the same frustrations.

So of the items I have mentioned, is this pretty much standard for the tc5? Are you guys finding "fixes" for them or just leaving the car as it is?

--pakk