R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI's DB12R
Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 06:54 AM
Clegg

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PartTime
Last night was pretty wild. For the first time they had a tight technical layout. The elite guys could get into the 9 sec lap range but mostly low 10's. 9.7 was the fastest lap of the night.......

I tried the servo behind the linkage last night and think its better upfront. My tie rods were striaght and like that much better than any kind of angle. I still have to run the red shock spring with 2deg of caster to get the onpower steering the way I like. I think that when I move the servo forward I might be able to get the gold spring to work witch might help settle the car down some.

I also tried the thin L-plate last night. Very nice. Smoother and like the feel of the chassis with a little bit of roll to it. About half way threw the second round my car looked and drove awsome. Chassis was working great. Still really responsive around center though. Started with Jack the gripper. I got some Paragon to try and it smoothed the car out nicely. Ripped a 9.6 in that run also. My next test is with some other tires. Gona try my trusty Black/grey combo to really settle the car down. If it works like it does on the other cars I have tried......its dialed!!

I did have one problem last night. Like I said, tight track and a overly responsive car dont mix. Managed to smack a board pretty hard in the end of the second round. The car took a tweak. I reset the L-plates for the main and thought I got the tweak out but it still had some in the main and ended up pulling it after 3 mins to save the car. I was gona break it in half if I kept on driving it. uggg. Maybe I bent a front screw?

What would cause the rear to tweak? After resetting the L-plates I looked at the pod to chassis seam and it was off just a touch. Maybe the thin plates bend? Or the boss digs in to the end and holds it on an angle? I will dig in to the car this weekend and let you know what I found if anything.

My setup is pretty much the same as I listed before but theres 35 wt in the shock and thin L-plates for changes.

DK
I've found the thin plates sometimes dont fully center the pod on their own, it doesnt affect handling when driving but if you hold the car in the air and move the pod side to side I find the weaker the flex plates the less centering I get. As long as its equal side to side I dont think there is much of an issue with it.

Last edited by Clegg; 07-09-2009 at 07:20 AM.