R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin' X2 Buggy
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 08:48 AM
underway
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigmatt
the dog bone, rubbed up against the corner of the engine mount after it bent. I did ca glue the edges of the towers. the washer trick I missed. I put them on the shock mounts. I have put the aluminum towers,deck plate,and a kings head front chassis brace. and am making a rear. out of real aluminum.I got the opportunity to talk with Jim from kings head. It was stated to me that what china,Taiwan call cnc machined aluminum is a lot different then what he uses. Like he said it may have aluminum in it,just not full aluminum. The washers behind the screws is what may have started all this? But the front aluminum brace broke perfect like a piece of a puzzle. It was perfect,you could put it back together and not see it was broke. Thats why I went to have it welded. Also the reason I have always had a ofna or jammin product it durability. As much flex as this thing has all's it takes is one thing to start a down hill slide.

Yeah the washer trick helps to distribute the load. The front shock towers take some unreal abuse during crashes. Hope you get it all figured out and start enjoying the X2.