R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Recommended Fuel for a Losi 2.0 RTR 8ight Buggy
Old 07-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Chris__RC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Garet Jax
Thanks for the responses. I will go back and see if they exchange the unused Blue Thunder for Byrons.

As for the mix I really didn't look too hard. I will when I go back.

What should I be looking for? I haven't done anything with the engine yet. I am waiting for the GMK cozys to arrive before breaking it in.

Does it matter if I start with the 20% or the 30%. If I break it in with a %, should I continue to use the same percentage or can I switch and then retune the engine?
You will want the race ideally and maybe the pro driver. But anything is better than the RTR blends that have 16% oil in the Byron. Race is 12% oil and that would be perfect for a RTR engine.

I would run 20% with that RTR engine, but that is just me. You can always switch to 30 later on. You can switch very easily, just retune the engine. So again, the best fuel for that engine would be Byron 20% race 12% oil. As far as breakin, you will want to wrap the head with aluminum foil before you run it then heat it up with a hair dryer or better a heat gun. Use your temp gun and get it inbetween 200-230 for break in.