R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What do you think of traxxas?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 11:55 AM
joe of loath
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sokar
What about the Rustler and the 4-tec? Aren't those designed for racing?
Ever seen a 4-tec pro? I have. They were limited edition about 3 years ago, and there are still 3 crates of them in the roof at traxxas UK. They hardly sold any.

My revo is the best RC I have ever had. Sure, my TA05 has the potential to be faster and handle better. Sure, the E-firestorm is sturdier and more fun to bash (It's not that the revo is boring, it's that I'm afraid to crash it!). But the design is amazing. I can keep up with truggies on the track (ok, they're RTR truggies driven by people slightly worse than me, if that's possible), the engine is seriously reliable (yes, it's a 2.5R. The best engine traxxas have ever made! I can wheely AND balloon the tyres on the stock gearing. All that power from a .15?). It's easy to work on, reliable and incredibly well designed.

You can hate traxxas if you want. But seriously, how many of you were brought into the hobby by seeing a traxxas in the park? or in the street? Or getting one for christmas? Essentially traxxas sell RTR tamiyas. Why does no one hate tamiya? They sell terrible money pit cars (the TT01 as opposed to the Tmaxx), decent racers (TRF 416 as opposed to the revo), and are sold in almost every hobby shop on the planet.

/rant.