R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI's DB12R
Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 09:42 AM
PartTime
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clegg
The track I run on is pretty high bite ozite, and yeh thats with full coated fronts. Lilac, Purple and 2x Pink work also but I have terrible issues with them fuzzing later in the run. Black seemed to be a little more pushy than the stickier compounds, but kept that grip much more consistent than the others that fuzz over and gum up.

the push i do get from the blacks is very stable and reasonable, some may not like it, but I'd rather have a car with a very slight push than a car that had oversteer issues or dynamic traction as the race goes on.
I have run black/gray and love how consistant they are but black/yellow? If you say it works then I will take your word for it. Im running magenta/pink now. I like the pink rears, good traction/wear and harder to chunk then yellow. Thinking dblpink or purple up front with the thin L-plate and full dope frt/rear. Still in testing stages. Not sure where its gonna land.

Im racing wed and will post what I find on the second race with the car. Either way this is the best lipo car I have tried and its only one race old..and its the old R chassis ! Cant wait to see how it acts after being dialed in. Then the upgrade to RR.

DK