R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 08:34 AM
cheROK1212
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
I did run the car today on an asphalt parking lot track. The rest of the field was F103s of various configurations.

One thing I did notice off the bat was that the car was somewhat sensitive to bumps. There were some cracks in the lot, one specifically in the straight, that did upset the car. Looking at the way the t bar pivots are set up, the 103 is softer front to back than the 104. My car seemed to skip and bounce over stuff more than the other cars. I even went to the soft T bar, but it was still sort of stiff front to back.

The car did turn hard off center. It was a little nervous, even after putting 60K diff oil on the front pins and going to a black front spring. The key will be to find the way to hit the sweet spot between turn in and push and turn in and get loose. Part of this might also be tires.

I wound up driving the car with the throttle more than the steering wheel. It seemed to take a bit more throttle modulation than I was used to.

Overall, pretty good. Right now I'm not sure if tires would be a big help or not. It is tougher to drive than the 103. This week I might be able to try it on carpet, maybe that will be it's forte.
Hey Rob, will the 3.5 offset knuckles fit and do you think they would settle some of the twitch. Also is caster adjustable and had you done the mod Alfie described?