R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 07-05-2009, 02:27 PM
schreff
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
I was hoping that Larry and Schreff would post info on their first time running the Photon...

Maybe they will after the weekend...
Actually Rick, we did both post after we ran the car last weekend at Trains and Lanes.

The car is flat out awesome. It's been a little transition back into a "normal" style touring car layout, chassis wise. Setup items respond a little different, which is what takes a little bit to re-learn from the Type R.

Larry and I literally only have the kit parts to work with setup plus some extra shims. We're still running the kit springs, but have definitely made changes to the overall setup from what EJ used at Reedy and what the manual has as a base.

We haven't really posted much, setup wise, as we're still learning what the car likes. Larry seems to have caught on, setup wise, quicker than I have and it has showed... especially at Blue Diamond. We're really close speed wise, but man... every time we run the car, it just keeps getting better.

This coming weekend is a Cash race at Trains and Lanes, which is a very tight track similar to the Coliseum, but no where near the amount of natural traction from the track. Once we get a more base setup, one of us will post up what we come up with.

I know that anyone who purchases this car will not be disappointed.