R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI's DB12R
Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 04:09 PM
PartTime
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LAGuy
Ran single cell lipo for the first time. Only thing I changed was front/center shock springs Went to 18's and a 10lb from 20's and 12lb. Car drove great in 4 cell 17.5 and 13.5.

Didn't expect that much of a change but WOW! Car had no steering whatsoever. Full wheel turn and it pushed to the boards. I'll have to start over on the setup. I ran my normal BSR XX pinks front and rear. Good place to start would be there. Kind of scary, but I'm thinking I need to go softer in front? I'll also move the battery all the way back to try and get better weight transfer for more steering on corner entry. Anyone else been in a similar situation I'd appreciate any more tips/idea's. Thanks!
Ya, mine pushed a little right off the bat. Red spring really woke it up. But should have put 35 or 40 in the shock to tame the transfer down some. Way to fast with 30. Also the 7k in the tubes helped with the double steer. I bet 10k would get rid of the last little bit. This is the old car so your oil would be diffrent. By the end of the night I was doping 3/4 front tire.

One thing I have done with the lipo cars is mount EVERYTHING as far back as i can. Smallest spur to get the motor back. Pack in back, speedo and rx right against the pack. Servo behind the tie rods. Then take caster out till it drives upto the corner with out lifting. When you lift it snaps around the corner and your gone !

Chris Moore.....Thanks for the pics. My tie rods had that much angle when looking from the top and it was way too responsive for me right around center. At the ends it was great. I have drilled new holes to move the servo back and now my tie rods are straight when looking from any angle. Should be able to get a test run in the next couple of days to see if it smoothed things out.

DK