R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna Hyper 7 TQ B questions. looking for my first 1/8 nitro..
Old 06-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Jaz240
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

For starters, the Losi comes with a pro version radio that has 2.4GHZ, which means you wont ever have to worry if someone is on your chanel..The hyper has a crappy radio with crystals that you will get interference with. You will experience servo glitching quite often and you cannot run it anywhere near power lines. There is also a very likely chance that a friend or fellow racer have the same channel as you meaning one of you either cant run, or have to change your crystals..

The Hyper 7 weighs as much as 1.5 times the Losi 2.0 meaning it not jump, turn, or handle as well.

The Hyper 7 sits about 5-10MM higher than the Losi, which also contributes to the Losi being that much better on a track, and for racing in general.

The Losi comes with a very capable race ready engine that will last longer, be easier to tune and make more power.

The Losi comes with a rechargeable receiver pack, which will make your servos stronger, and faster

because of all the race characteristics and the lower weight, the losi will be faster than the Hyper 7, meaning it will clear jumps easier and pull away from heavier buggies on straight aways

You can walk into just about ANY hobby shop and get parts for the Losi. (good luck finding parts for the Hyper 7)

The Losi comes with a very good starter box, so you will not get blisters, cuts, and burns pulling on a damn rope to start your engine, witch also leads to the Hyper engine being bogged down with the extra weight and rotating mass of the pull starter, plus I promise you you will break at least 4 pull starts before you realize how much you wish you had a starter box.

Losi has one of the best Tech support, and group of racers, so you can always find someone to help you, lend you parts, teach you set-ups and make the car faster, more fun, and quicker to learn with

I can go on and on, but I am telling you from experience, once I started racing my Hyper 7..It was time for a new buggy..I chose Xray because they are indestructible and right now thats what I needed because I still crash allot

Last edited by Jaz240; 06-30-2009 at 08:07 PM.