R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan
Old 06-30-2009, 08:23 AM
pgeldz
Tech Addict

The meeting went well guys...

Robert and gang were there, as well as me. We spoke with one of the most senior enlisted SeeBeas there and hashed a bunch of stuff out.

We discussed our intent, presented the LOI, and went over the track in enough detail to give them a solid read on what we'd like to have happen.

The SeeBeas were all over it, and very excited to work on the project. They actually want to start on it RIGHT NOW, but we're waiting on some final approvals on the Marine side of the house before they can start.

Lopez (the Camp Services guru form Camp Courtney) is all over it, and should be able to cut through the Red tape pretty quick.

I can tell you that we're looking to have it completely built and turn key by the end of July at the latest - that's when the SeeBeas window of opportunity to help up runs out. In talking to them today, I believe they estimated 9 days from start to completion. That's to do EVERYTHING folks - clear the area, lay some earth down, and sculpt our tracks. Yes, I said tracks, with an "s". They're going to build our main track we voted on, the track below it on the other side of the Connex, as well as the kiddie track and rock crawling area.

When they do get started, we'll most likely need some folks out there to at least guide them. Sure they have the drawings and such, but it'll be better if someone in the know is able ot be there with them to facilitate the details.

I'll do the best I can to go out and support, but with my new job my time is severely limited during duty hours. Now, if they work at night because of the heat, than it's game on, cause I should be able to lend a hand during those hours.

I'm sure Robert will chime in on here and keep us posted...

Until then, just know this is ACTUALLY happening, and that we ARE making progress.

- Paulie