R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 06-28-2009, 07:51 PM
mrrcguy
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

There has not been much mention of this on the thread but there is something I thought I would touch base on to possibly help prevent a future issue.

There had been some reports of people having issues with the screw that holds the spool drive cups into the spool assembly coming lose. This is why there was a rather odd (compared to the other screws) looking bolt and nut thrown into the first batch of kits. Im not sure how many people actually used this screw, but I feel there is another way.

When building mine what I did is I tapped the spool all the way through from both sides with a 3mm tap. The when inserting the drive cups into the spool it made sure to push them in rather firmly to make absolutely sure they get fully seated. This is important because the fit is quite snug and it would be easy to think that the screw is threaded far enough in when in fact the drive cups may not even be all the way in. Now that the cups are fully seated and you have some good, secure, pre-threaded threads in the spool you can just go ahead and insert the originally supplied screws ( in think the are 10 - 12mm) and you will have no doubt that the screws are properly attached.

I checked mine after 3 runs, again at 8 runs, and again after almost 20 packs, and the cups were still perfect.