R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 8t 2.0 vs MBX6t
Thread: 8t 2.0 vs MBX6t
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 06:37 AM
gtsum
Tech Regular

both are great trucks...it just depends on what feels best to you..I have had kyosho, xray, and losi, but not a Mugen. I have wrenched on them and have driven one, but that is it. The new Mugen is rock solid imo and more foregiving the Losi..it may not be able to turn under the Losi, but it does appear to have madd on power steering. The Losi's to me are very setup intensive...if something is off, you know it right away. All the big name trucks are top quality, but there is most certainly a difference in the longevity and fitting of parts between them. I can say with certainty (of the ones I have owned) that xray and kyosho plastics, metals, and parts are of far higher quality then Losi - they do not wear out..my Losi got clapped out very quickly...I have over 10 gallons on my kyosho and it is as tight as the day I bought it....every Mugen I have ever seen has had similar longevity as K and Xray cars...it is not very often that I have seen a Mugen DNF a race either...they are extremely tough trucks. Best thing is to drive both and see what you like..there is no doubt they are both extremely fast trucks