R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Disaseembling and reassembling 1/8 nitro cars
Old 06-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Akhor
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Garet Jax
Hello all,

I at the type who learns best by doing so I wanted to buy a kit and build it from scratch. Unfortunately, the Losi 8ight RTR 2.0 was just too good a deal comparatively so I went with that instead.

Now I am trying to figure out the best way to learn about the various components of the car. Naturally it would be to disassemble it and reassemable it, but I don't have the stones to do that to the $700 investment.

Are there other ways that I can learn this stuff like to buy a used potentially even broken car and play with it.

Or is it just a matter of me growing a pair and using the Losi?

Thanks a lot.
The easiest way it to just work on your new one. The manual has a parts explosion which tells you were everything goes if you do get confused.

Start with the easy stuff, like taking the shocks off and checking the oil levels, then the front/rear diff and the center diff.

Just do one section at a time and soon you will see how they all flow together. It's not rocket science, I'm sure you will make out fine.