R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NICE DIRT TRACK IN HYDE PARK N.Y.
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Krazy88
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Yeah somtimes you have to hold the cam pulley against the valve spring pressure to get the marks lined up perfect while installing the belt. Also when putting the belt on, you want to have all the slack on the tensioner side. That way when you release the tensioner it won't pull any of the pulleys off their marks and be off by a few degrees. Then finally once the belts all buttoned up, turn the engine over by hand two full revolutions(of the crank)and realign your marks. If any of the previous steps were even slightly off,the marks won't line up perfectly here. But if all the marks are dead nuts on then your good to go.
One other little trick is to disconnect the ECT sensor (the one for the ECU not for the gauge). The computer will think that the engine is cold and it will stay in open loop. It'll run like a raped ape, especially since your running open exhaust and that's leaning it out some up top anyway.

Sorry about the wrenching lessons. LOL. Just some of the tips and tricks I learned (some of them the hard way too!) When I was building and racing rice burners. Hope some of it helps.

Now that I'm waaaayy off topic here, back to our regularly scheduled program. Ha Ha!
No, we didn't need the Bobcat for the pipe. Eric used it to move that load of dirt Rich got and to back blade it out. Starting from the dogleg corner by the building all the way to the fence is about 8" higher now. All tapering down towards the center of the track. The pipe will be buried along the center into an existing drain pipe. It should be a big improvement in drainage, with the added benifit of much better track suface on that side. IE: no more skating rink dogleg! YaHoo!

I'm not sure if the track will be ready for Fri though. It will definately be good for sunday I think. Don't quote me on that but I would call Rich before hand just in case. Cross your fingers the rain stays the hell away.

See ya at the track.
Alan

Last edited by Krazy88; 06-18-2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: wrong icon