R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC12R5
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 06:30 PM
PartTime
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kave
They might have felt better but they are contributing to your problem. Those springs have a REALLY bad habbit of being way to soft and causing the car to do weird things. The springs are a huge factor in your front end and the rest of your car will not be right if you are not running a front end setup that other people can tune. The springs should not be producing a drastically different feeling from the start of your run to the end as they do not change, that is a setup issue elsewhere that needs to be addressed before any real issues can be resolved.

That being said I think the first thing to try if you have them around is the .022's if you have any around. The next thing I would try is order some BMI springs, they are far more linear and make the car alot smoother, one set of .022's and a set of .024's should get you started.
Very interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I had some one pm me and help me figure out what is going on and we have a pretty good guess that its my tires that are messing with me. First step is getting a new set, Magenta frt and pink rear, and go from there.

Yes I tried .022's. I have tried the BMI springs on my old car and really couldnt feel if they were more linear or smoother. Felt the same to me. They were a pain to shim and get in the wheel with out rubbing so will just stick to normal size springs. Do like that they are more robust though.

One thing I did notice with this car is you HAVE to run lube on the kingpins. I could get away with out it on my old crc but not this thing. I notice after the second run I have to clean and relube. Is this normal? Any way to make it last longer?

DK